FOR SALE - An exciting new hotel development opportunity located in Leith, Edinburgh.
Ocean Point is situated in a prominent waterfront location to the north-east of Edinburgh City Centre and is host to a wide range of established corporate and leisure occupiers. There is very limited hotel supply in the area with no committed schemes in the development pipeline. Being adjacent to the Ocean Point office development and within easy reach of Edinburgh City Centre, the location offers an exciting opportunity for a new hotel development.
The site available for hotel development benefits from the following attractions:
- Immediately available to the east of the site is Ocean Point, a Grade A, 9 storey office building home to a range of occupiers including Visit Scotland.
- Easily accessible from Edinburgh City Centre (only 2.5 miles away) via public transport, the site would also benefit from the proposed tram extension project providing a direct link between Leith, the city centre and Edinburgh Airport.
- The site is located adjacent to the retail, tourist and leisure attraction Ocean Terminal, benefiting from 70 shops, gym, spa, restaurants and 12-screen cinema. It was also voted Scotland’s best Shopping Centre Location in 2012.
- Located 5 minute walk from the tourist attraction, Royal Yacht Britannia, attracting 250,000 visitors per year.
- The Scottish Government’s 377,000 sq ft Head Office is located adjacent to the development site alongside many other commercial business operators in Leith.
- The old port area of Leith, is only 500 yards away with many cosmopolitan bars, bistros, boutiques and home to a number of Michelin star restaurants.
The Ocean Point site extends to 0.6 hectares. In 2009 The City of Edinburgh Council were minded to grant a
10 storey scheme which comprised:
- 250 bedrooms within a 10 storey design.
- Conference and meeting room facilities.
- Full bar/restaurant facility.
- 56 car parking spaces, with 1,600 free car parking spaces available at Ocean Terminal.
If you would like to register an interest in this opportunity please contact:
Tom Anderson, Senior Administrator, Moorfields
Tel : +44 (0)20 7186 1163
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you and your business establish, relocate or expand within the city region, or would simply like more information about what Edinburgh has to offer, get in touch today.
T: +44(0) 131 529 6600 E: email@example.com