Disclaimer: The image above was created for massing purposes only and is in no way indicative of the final hotel design.
An exciting new hotel development opportunity located in Leith, Edinburgh.
Regarded by many as Edinburgh's most relaxing shopping environment Ocean Terminal has a great mix of retail, leisure and dining options. Key retailers include Debenhams, BHS, H&M and M&S Simply Food. Its stylish and calming ambience is supported by mix of coffee bars, a 24-hour gym, a 12-screen VUE cinema and a boutique soft play.
With over 1,600 free car parking spaces it is located just 2.5 miles from Edinburgh City Centre sitting on Leith's waterfront overlooking the magnificent Firth of Forth.
Being adjacent to the Ocean Point office development and within easy reach of Edinburgh City Centre, the location offers an exciting opportunity for a new hotel development.
The site available for hotel development benefits from the following:
- The site is part of the retail, tourist and leisure attraction Ocean Terminal, benefiting from 70 shops, a 24-hour gym, a variety of restaurants and a 12-screen cinema. The complex was voted Scotland’s best Shopping Centre Location in 2012.
- Immediately adjacent to the site is Ocean Point, a Grade A, 9-storey office building home to a range of occupiers including Visit Scotland.
- The site is located adjacent to Royal Yacht Britannia, the UK's Number 1 Attraction (TripAdvisor 2014/15) attracting around 315,000 visitors in 2015.
- The Scottish Government’s 377,000 sqft Head Office is located close to the development site alongside many other commercial business operators in Leith.
- The old port area of Leith, is only 500 yards away with many cosmopolitan bars, bistros, boutiques and home to a number of Michelin star restaurants.
- The site is easily accessible from Edinburgh City Centre via public transport and would also benefit from the proposed tram extension project providing a direct link between Leith, the city centre and Edinburgh Airport.
Opportunity for a new hotel development on the site of Ocean Terminal shopping centre on Edinburgh’s waterfront, within the Leith Docks.
The proposed 15-storey building will enjoy limitless views across the sea as well as the city’s landmarks (the Castle, Calton hill & Arthur’s seat), offering an unprecedented experience to Edinburgh’s visitors.
The proposed hotel is estimated to have circa 230 rooms (30m2) as well as conference facilities. This particular site due to its unique location could support a first class or luxury hotel.
The site is subject to planning.
If you would like to register an interest in this opportunity please contact:
Subjit Jassy, Resolution Real Estate Advisers
Tel : +44 (0) 207 518 8383
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you and your business establish, relocate or expand within the city region, or would simply like more information about what Edinburgh has to offer, get in touch today.
T: +44(0) 131 529 6600 E: firstname.lastname@example.org