Why Invest in Edinburgh?
- Edinburgh boasts one of the UK's strongest city economies outside London. Average GVA in Edinburgh is around £34,500 per resident.
- It is the UK’s most educated city. Around 55% of the workforce hold a university degree or equivalent.
- Scotland's capital city punches above its weight in terms of innovation
- There is a population of over 1.6 million people living within the Edinburgh city region.
- Edinburgh is a globally connected, award-winning city.
- It is a world leading tourist destination with an enviable quality of life for its residents. It is a very popular city to live and work in.
You’ll be in good company
Edinburgh has been popular with globally based investors for decades. As a result, there’s an array of international companies across various business sectors to complement those who have grown in the city.
Below is a selection of some of the companies who have chosen Edinburgh as their home. Between them they employ thousands of people in highly-skilled roles.