Information on Granton Waterfront regeneration opportunity released
Organisations interested in becoming the Development Partner for the regeneration of Granton Waterfront are invited to note interest.
The City of Edinburgh Council has published a Prior Information Notice (PIN) for its flagship development opportunity at Edinburgh's Granton Waterfront. Later this year, the Council will invite bids to become its Development Partner in the delivery of phase one of the Granton Waterfront regeneration.
Phase one of the Granton Waterfront regeneration could include:
- Design and construction of around 788 new net zero carbon homes of mixed tenure;
- Design and construction of public realm and transport-related infrastructure, including around 4,000 metres of new/enhanced cycle footpaths;
- Restoration of the historic Granton Gasholder;
- Design and construction of a school and medical centre;
- Development opportunity of approximately 3,000 square metres of ground floor commercial space; and
- Design and construction of a low carbon heat network solution.
While the Council will initially appoint a Development Partner for phase one, it is anticipated that the appointment could be extended to further phases of the Granton Waterfront regeneration.
The PIN gives anyone interested in becoming the Development Partner the opportunity to note interest, gain insight into the proposed development, and help shape the Council's procurement strategy. Potential bidders are invited to complete the market research questionnaire by the deadline of 19th November 2021.
For further information on the opportunity, and to complete the questionnaire, please see the PIN.