New Arrivals in 2020
A selection of new arrivals to Edinburgh during 2020 is set out below.
- Equals (London, England): Travel money and international payments solutions provider Equals opened a new office in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh is the UK’s second-largest financial services centre, making it a fantastic opportunity for the Equals Group, and we’re excited to have a presence in the city.
– James Hickman, Chief Commercial Officer, Equals
AND Digital (London, England): Digital solutions consultancy AND Digital opened a new office at 9-10 St Andrew Square in Edinburgh's City Centre, creating 100 new jobs over 18 months. . The office will help companies achieve their technological aims by providing immediate access to tech talent and partnering with them to co-create products.
- Cynergy Bank (London, England): Cynergy Bank launched a new branch in Edinburgh focusing on property finance.
- Udrafter (Aberdeen, Scotland): Udrafter, which provides a platform for businesses to recruit students for "micro-internships", opened a new office in Edinburgh City Centre.
- AAC Technologies (Shenzhen, China): AAC Technologies, a supplier of audio components for smartphones, announced the opening of a new research and development centre in the Exchange Tower in Edinburgh's Exchange District, creating 12+ jobs in its first year and up to 30 jobs by 2023. The R&D centre will develop MEMS microphone chips for next-generation mobile phones.
As a globally focused and internationally diverse company, AAC is committed to developing system-level solutions across the world, wherever talent and expertise can be leveraged. The opening of Edinburgh strengthens our ability to continue developing innovative MEMS microphone solutions in an evolving mobile marketplace.
– David Plekenpol, Chief Strategy Officer, AAC Technologies
- Substantive Research (London, England): Substantive Research, a supplier of data analytics solutions to the asset management sector, opened a new office in Edinburgh.
Cheval Collection (London, England): Serviced apartment provider Cheval Collection announced that it will begin operating two properties in Edinburgh City Centre - The Edinburgh Grand and Old Town Chambers - from July 2020
We are delighted to announce this new agreement as part of our long-term expansion plans. The Chris Stewart Group with some of the most historically rich buildings in Scotland’s capital was our first choice for Edinburgh when we opened discussions in 2019. These will be our first properties outside London and a huge step in our ever-evolving journey and ambition to become the pre-eminent leader in luxury serviced apartment accommodation worldwide for any length of stay
– George Westwell, Chief Executive Officer, Cheval Collection